keep reading the post brelow for material and instructions
Picture: from instagram account @dreambookbyk
What You Need: Materials + Use
1. A pair of scissors (any should be fine, even a kids crafts scissor)-and obvs. handle w/ care. Use to cut 'Twine', or excess stems/leaves of your faux flowers.
2. Some 'Twine', to wrap around in a simple shoe-lace bow form to cover the lines of the jar opening. A few meters should be good, depending on how many jar vases you want to make.
3. 2-3 Mason jars- if you'd like to create a display or set like the one pictured above, but again this depends on how many vases you would like to make.
4. Paints- Glass paints or Acrylic paints. Glass paint would work best. Any colors you'd prefer. If you plan to follow this tutorial just like in the image above, then purchase deep purple, lilac, teal, and vegemite/grassy green colored paints.
5. A few normal sized paint brushes. (2-3) Using your glass paints and brushes keep a steady hand and apply smooth, yet wide strokes as if you were applying nail polish. Go around front and back, and left and right- all four sides of your jar. Using this method will help you achieve an even and smooth texture, and will save you paint and time.
6. Finishing sealant, preferably an acetone based clear color. You can easily find this at Michael's. Self-explanatory but use a can of sealant to give your painted jar a clean finish and a polished look. Do wait a few minutes after you've finished painting your mason jar vases, before spraying the sealant. It also helps the paint dry faster as well.
7. Faux Flowers: A handful or as many as you need depending on how many vases you're making.
Tip: Look for flowers in a variety of different sizes and lots of bold, bright, and pastel colors as they not only fit the summer floral theme but also are perfect for all seasons. A timeless piece of decor.
--Additional Notes: All items listed here were purchased from Michael's crafts store. All items are $5.00 or less, EXCEPT for the faux flowers. Those were $8-10 per piece at Michael's depending on the size, and design of each. I would recommend you try to look around at different craft shops and whole sale stores, and find reasonably priced faux flowers which might even turn out to be unique and just as good as the Michael's one's photographed above. Everything else used you can find pretty much anywhere at any local craft store and most items even in your own home.
~I hope you enjoyed this post. I'm so sorry for the delay in posting. I was busy and am just new to this so I don't really know if people are reading these posts or visit my website. So in simple words I am blogging and writing these posts because I love doing this. However, I would greatly appreciate your feedback and would like to hear what you have to say. All opinions and comments are welcome as I want to hear from you, if you're reading this and make it better for everyone.
So if you are reading this, have seen any of my posts or checked this website, let me know and comment below. Also if you want, you can follow me on my Twitter and Instagram account, which is linked on the welcome/ home page on the front. Or if you want you can look it up handle/acc. name: @dreambookbyk for Instagram and @dreambookbyx for Twitter.
All social media links and email link is posted on the home page as well.
I hope you liked this post. Share your views, and opinions by commenting down below, on Instagram, or by tweeting @dreambookbyk.
At some point in life we have all questioned our own existence. Like why did I have to exist, what good or benefit, if even, will someone or something in this universe gain from me-my presence (maybe, or maybe not everyone, maybe not), or questioned things, situations, or thoughts, and probably have gone through very difficult hard times.
But throughout and despite all, you, I, we all exist, and whatever our beliefs may be, we are here, and there's reason behind it which we just do not know.
However, there is one huge benefit that could lead to other possible benefits that you can gain through the suffering of such hard times. And I myself just recently figured it out and understood, and wanted to immediately share it with all of you.
Are you ready???
Ultimate Life + Study Advice: "Fall in love with Studying and Books more than anything or anyone else in life, and pass along this advice to the people you really care about and love. Because one day you will all be successful and fulfilling your biggest dreams, and then at that time the things that are now confusing and don't make sense will make much more sense, you will be smarter, wiser, and better-a better version of you, and you never know what happens. No one knows of what is yet to come, or what tomorrow holds, you never know till it's there. So Leave everything, confusion, unknowns, and all to Time, your Trust & Faith in God or Whoever you believe in, the Need/Urge to Put Together and make Sense of Everything Right Away Aside, and Everything will be Alright and those who care about you will appear, and be there." ~Dream/K
(Most relatable to students-especially College Students.) -Applicable to Students of all areas of study-Specifically College Students -If nothing else sticking to these words and following them will help you get excellent grades!! 😁 A+ RIGHT?? 😉 I know that my fellow pre-med/med students will agree with this.😁
-But, seriously speaking, this is an experiment and the only way to see what happens and achieve the best results is to take the advice of the words and make it a part of your life. I'm sure it will only result in more good than bad, if any(bad)-Most Good only!
So why not give it a try?? Will you try this? Would you want to pass along the advice of the words to your loved ones?? (Family, friends, anyone)
--I hope you like this Post! :) If you liked it or disliked it, have any opinions or ideas feel free to comment below. --Also if you like this Life/Study advice post and decide to try to somehow incorporate the advice of the words into your life and would like to share your experiences, views, thoughts etc. 1) You can comment below on the blog 2) Share your experiences of this experiment by taking pictures and tagging our instagram account @dreambookbyk with hashtags like #Lifeadvicepost or #Studyadvicepost or whatever you like if you want. 3) And, on TWITTER- there is a new twitter account with the handle @dreambookbyx and username on profile: Dream Share your experiences and thoughts about this post, the advice, your experience with @dreambookbyx and use the above mentioned hashtags or any if you'd like. ALL TWEETS WILL RECEIVE A REPLY BACK. ALSO FOLLOW @dreambookbyx on Twitter and @dreambookbyk on Instagram and tell your friends as well. If enough people are interested and follow our twitter and Instagram accounts- there will be a following spree soon. -I will announce on Twitter and I will follow back some of you. :) Links to both twitter @dreambookbyx and instagram @dreambookbyk can be accessed/ clicked by clicking on the social media icons below or you can search for @dreambookbyk on Instagram and @dreambookbyx on Twitter
-I hope you liked this post. Love, Dreambookbyk XX